Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whew! Armstrong...


Today we were asked to shoot 100 yes One Hundred frames of a single subject keeping in mind the things that we decide on before we click the shutter because post processing is not an option. Roughly 3 hours or so is alloted for us to think of something to shoot a hundred times different - which I found out was not easy at all. So I decided to go home and thought of having Armstrong my Saxophone as my subject. For everyone's delight, Yes I am a jazz musician by heart since I was 9 or 10 years old way before I even picked up a camera. Nowadays I just don't have time to play it as much as i did before maybe because of school *wink and work. So there I was taking weird angles of my subject then 20 or so frames later I think I already ran out of ideas. So I tried going outside (which did not work well), using mirrors, different backgrounds, and last but not the least I used an external flash with a wireless trigger and played with the aperture and shutter speed a little bit.

2 comments:

Carly Alexandra Stevenson said...

I really like your subject choice! I like how it tells us something more about you. I used to play sax when I was younger but I never got really good at it (better on the piano i guess) so I know it's a difficult instrument to play! I like your shots and how they're pretty abstract on the closer shots. Looks like you did a good job!

Sara said...

Neat! I was a euphonium player all throughout junior high and high school! I actually majored in Band, lol. You're photos turned out great Paolo!